Every patient is a person with individual needs; each treatment plan is designed to meet such needs. Effective drug and alcohol rehabilitation at Smarmore is guided by our expert team who work together with the patient to prescribe a tailored plan treatments and therapies.We treat each patient who comes for alcohol or drug rehab at Smarmore Clinic as a unique person and design an individualised addiction treatment plan.
The benefits of an individualised treatment plan:
- Targeted care – therapies can help prevent relapse by targeting the contributary factors of the addiction
- Lasting recovery – we believe that intensive treatment leads to long-lasting results
- Life skills – coping effectively and positively with difficult situations in the real world is an essential part of long-lasting recovery and we can help patients learn essential skills
- Quality care – a consultant psychiatrist, therapists and nurses who provide round-the-clock care to ensure patients’ physical and mental well-being are revived following addiction
Our medical and clinical team works closely with patients to create a comprehensive and individualised care plan, that varies in length, depending on the complexity of the case. This is assessed by conducting the following:
- Medical assessment
- Mental health history
- Substance dependence history
All preferences and needs are assessed with each patient, and once the treatment plan is designed, we ask them to sign and approve the plan prior to commencing treatment.
Benefits of personalised care
Alcohol, drug or gambling addiction must be the primary condition for all admitted patients; however, people are unique, their personalities and histories are unique so care must be personalised in order to be effective.
They may suffer from one or more of the following:
- Alcoholism or addiction to drugs (either illegal or prescription), or to gambling
- Another psychiatric disorder may be evident, and may require attention as part of the treatment plan
In their past they may have:
- Lost someone close and been unable to grieve properly
- Suffered physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Fought in a war or experienced a traumatic episode
- Be any age
- Be from wealthy and/or professional backgrounds
- Come from dysfunctional families
- Have lost everything due to their addiction
We apply appropriate and specific therapies to the disease of addiction and any additional problems that our patients present with.